Living and Giving
Scouting is funded through your generosity and thoughtfulness.
What the Council does for the Unit - Read about the services the council provides with your generous support.
There are many ways to help give-back to Scouting!
Our Council depends on you...
Approximately 22% of our operating funding is raised annually through contributions; please pledge your support for our providing of the Scouting program, which builds character, strengthens citizenship and improves fitness in our youth.Friends of Scouting (FOS) - A direct campaign, seeking the support of
- Service Organizations
Special Fundraising Events - Getting together & Giving opportunities for individuals and businesses
Help support the future of Scouting through Endowments
- Earn the James E. West Fellowship Award by making a donation in addition to your regular FOS giving
- Become a 1910 Heritage Society Member by making a large donation
- Make a committment for an Endowment and enter The Founder's Circle
Help to improve and maintain our camps, offices, and equipment - Contact us for current opportunities
Some of the ways to help give-back to Scouting
- Give a cash donation
- Make an income producing gift
- Save capital gains tax by donating appreciated stock
- Include our council in your will and estate planning
- Contribute in honor and in memory of friends or family
- Designate your United Way pledge
- Obtain a matching contribution from your employer or union
- Business deduction on full value of gift-in-kind donations
- Encourage your company to support your volunteerism by becoming a corporate sponsor
- Donate your automobile or boat
Visit the BSA National Planned Giving Website to learn more!
To make a cash donation now, or to schedule a recurring gift, please go to http://www.scoutingfriends.org/ and follow the "Donate Now" link.