Located in Sequoia National Forest, Camp Whitsett offers unparalleled adventure in a scenic mountain setting !
Register Early for 2011
- Camp Whitsett 2011 - Register for Camp Whitsett 2011
- Sierra Expeditions 2011 - Register for Sierra Expeditions 2011
- Sierra Cycling 2011 - Register for Sierra Cycling 2011
- Sierra C.P.T. 2011 - Register for Sierra C.P.T. 2011
Camp Whitsett offers over twenty traditional merit badges, a COPE course, mountain biking, hiking, and white-water rafting all in an idyllic mountain setting. For older scouts looking challenge and adventure, our Sierra Expeditions programs provide the experience of a lifetime
- Attending Summer Camp - Information for Scoutmasters, Adult Leaders, and Campers.
- Early Application for the 2011 Staff - Apply early if you are interested in serving on the 2011 Whitsett Staff.
- Weekend camping is available for groups looking for an adventure among the Sequoias.
- For information about weekend camping opportunities please e-mail our Camping Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Los Angeles County Council Groups - Complete this request form if your group is a member of the Western Los Angeles County Council
- All Other Groups - All other groups please use this request form.
- Google Map of Camp Whitsett - get directions to Camp Whitsett with Google Maps
Year-Round Programs (September - May)
FacilityCamp Whitsett offers a top-notch year-round facility with a dining area that can accommodate over 400 people, tent housing with cots and mattresses for over 500 people, additional wilderness sites for over 150 people. With a lake, climbing facilities, COPE course, archery range, rifle range, shotgun range, black powder range, mountain bikes, white-water rafting, and many other areas Camp Whitsett offers the ultimate facility for mountain adventure!
Maps & Directions
The camp is located at an elevation of 4300', approximately 4 hours north of the San Fernando Valley. It is north east of Bakersfield and 35 miles north of Lake Isabella. Camp is located at 36° 0' 19" N, 118° 32' 14" W