Camp Josepho’s Cub Parent Weekend will kick off the Cub Scout camping season on March 18-20. We have two more events scheduled at Camp Josepho and one at Camp Whitsett. Cub Parent Weekend is ideal for new campers because all you need is a tent and sleeping bag, at Camp Whitsett, you only need a sleeping bag. It’s still fun for the more seasoned camper, we do everything for you. Our volunteer staff cooks all your meal, takes care of all the program activities, and makes sure we keep your scout moving. Cub Scouts will have fun with Archery, BB Shooting, Chess, Table Tennis and many more adventures. For information and to register click on the links.
Cub Parent and Family Camp Weekends
The Western Los Angeles County Council organizes Cub/Parent Weekends and Cub/Family Weekends at Camp Josepho.
All registered Cub Scouts can attend this long-running event that allows Cub Scouts and their parents to bond over a fun-filled, activity-packed weekend at Camp Josepho, which is only minutes away from Los Angeles in the Santa Monica Mountains. Cubs can earn Belt Loops such as BB Gun Shooting, Archery, Cooking and Swimming, as well as campfire activities, field sports, and crafts. Cub Scouts must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. This is a one-on-one weekend that provides a unique and special bonding experience between a Cub Scout and a parent or legal guardian.
Escape from the oppressive city summer heat with this Family Camp Weekend at Camp Whitsett, in the Sequoia National Forest. You can bring the whole family along for mountain and lake adventure, as well as the opportunity to earn the swimming, Archery, and BB Gun Shooting belt loops while doing crafts, field sports, campfire skits and much more. Cub Scouts must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Siblings and other family members can attend these Family Camp weekends. This event bonds the entire family with an easy and funfilled camping experience.
Cool 4-segment Patch!
This cool four-segment patch is earned by attending all three seasons!
- Cub-Parent Weekends Section. You earn this for attending any session.
- Spring Fling Section. You earn this for attending any spring season Cub/Parent Weekend.
- Summer Sizzle Section. You earn this for attending any summer season Cub/Family Weekend.
- Autumn Event Section. You earn this for attending any fall season Cub/Parent Weekend.
This is an easy way to do camping. All you bring is your tent, sleeping bag and toiletries. All of your food is provided at the lodge!
For additional information call the Van Nuys Service Center email email@example.com
Cub Day Camp
Cub Day camp is an excellent way for your cubs to enjoy the company of cubs around your district while having fun, advancing on their Cub Scout trail, and learning and experiencing new things!
Fun and adventure with a purpose
For Webelos, Cubs, and Tigers. These programs include games, crafts, sports, education and advancement, and provide a memorable outdoor summer experience.
Staffed with volunteer leaders, sessions are being offered throughout the summer; locations vary.
2017 dates are as follows:
- Bill Hart Session 1: July 6-10-, Session 2: July 13-17 – Register Here!
- Bill Hart Family Overnight: July 10-11 – Register Here!
- Crescent Bay, Camp Josepho: June 15-19, June 22-26 – Register Here!
- Antelope Valley: June 15-19 – Register Here!
- Las Colinas: July 13-17 – Register Here!
- Scoutreach (open only to youth registered in Scoutreach units): June 22-26 – Registration Here!
- Balboa Oaks & Cahuenga: June 22-26 – Register Here!
Cub Day Camp Forms
- Patch Contest Flyer
- Medical Form – Annual Health and Medical Record Form is Required for All Campers (Youth& Adult).
- Cub Firearms Consent [PDF, 212KB] – Firearms Consent Form, Optional, but required for participation in shooting sports programs.
- Cub Camper PickUp_Authorization [PDF, 30KB] – Child Pick-Up Authorization Form. Optional, but required if a camper will be picked up by a person who is not the parent/guardian.
- Campership Application Families with a significant need may be approved for up to half of the camp fee.
Camping for Cubs
- Cub Day Camp
- Cub Parent Weekends
- August Cub Family Camp at Camp Whitsett
- Emerald Bay Cub Family Weekends
- Memorial Day Pack Weekend at Whitsett
- Moviemaking Webelos Resident Camp
- Whitsett Webelos Resident Camp